Overview: Evolution of eDiscovery Technology, Management and Operations
- Gain a general understanding of the major evolutions in technology and in legal practice over the past 30 years that have led from paper-based to electronic discovery.
- Understand how litigation support departments originally started and how they have evolved.
- Obtain an overview of the various industry roles, including clients, law firm litigation support, vendors and consultants, throughout the evolution of eDiscovery.
- Become familiar with eDiscovery workflow and meaningful eDiscovery terminology.
- Acquire an understanding of available internet sites that are helpful resources in the litigation support industry.
- Learn how the practice of eDiscovery has evolved through case law and the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Understand how the use of current technology facilitates the practice of law within specific phases of litigation.
- Discover the distinctions between law firm business models and litigation support services business models.
- Learn the EDRM and understand its flow and major stages.