Foundational Tools and Data Processing Basics
Understand the definition and purpose of each stage of processing data: collection, staging, indexing, filtering, metadata & text extraction, etc.
- Become familiar with the dominant tools in the marketplace for each task.
- Learn the types and uses of metadata.
- Understand the components of a load file, and common load file formats.
- Learn about quality control protocols and working with exception reports.
- Find out about potential pitfalls in litigation data processing and how to avoid them.
- Obtain an overview and understanding of the five basic categories of tools and how they overlap:
- collection tools,
- filtering/processing tools,
- analytical tools,
- review tools
- production tools
- Learn how eDiscovery software tools work in the different phases of the electronic discovery lifecycle to support the phases of litigation.
- Gain knowledge of the pros and cons of a “one size fits all” tool.
- Understand basic search techniques